Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!
I hope you are spending a wonderful Day surrounded by those you love!
I gave the boys a breakfast of heart shaped french toast (their most recent favorite) and bacon. I did one stop shopping at Zellers yesterday and got a 13 pack of gift bags. They are bright colors and can be used for alot of different occasions. I also got foil chocolate hearts and small boxes of red and pink smarties. They had Marvel puzzles for $2.00 so I got them each one of those.
I think we're doing Greco for supper or some kind of take-out and I've made brownies to have with vanilla ice cream and home made hot fudge sauce. Yummy! I gave my hubby the battle of the sexes game. It looks fun and at $4.97 at the local Wal-Mart, the price was definately right!
I also bought some small ceramic cups that say 'I love you' and 'L'Amour' to fill with chocolates and put at everyone's place setting.
I printed Valentines I downloaded free from my scrapnfonts newsletter. You should sign up; they have freebies often!
Here's the recipe for the hot fudge sauce. ENJOY! I won't be held responsible for the extra caloric intake!
Hot Fudge Sauce
1 cup sugar
2tsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup water
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
or
6 Tbsp cocoa
2 Tbsp butter
1tsp vanilla
Combine sugar, flour,salt and (if using) cocoa. Blend in water. If using chocolate, add now. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stirin butter and vanilla.
Serve hot. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment